Louise Byrd Graduate Educator Award
Nomination Period: October 31 - November 25, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST
All members of the Graduate Faculty are eligible to receive this recognition.
Awardees are provided a cash prize and recognized at the annual Doctoral Hooding Ceremony.
Nomination Process & Documents
Graduate students and graduate faculty members are invited to submit a nomination for this award.
Nominations must be submitted using an online form that can be accessed below. Nominators will receive a system confirmation indicating their nomination was successfully submitted upon completion.
The following documents are required for the nomination. All documents should be uploaded as PDFs.
- Letter of nomination
- Clear evidence should be presented that the nominee’s concern for graduate students goes significantly beyond that of the average, but dedicated, members of the Graduate Faculty.
- Letter(s) of support
- These may be written by colleagues and/or current or former students.
- Nominee's CV or resume
Nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- devotion to graduate students and their education
- active scholarship in their field
- proven record of continuing interest in the growth and success of graduate students, expressed through quality lectures, availability, psychological support, graduate research advising, and contact outside the classroom
- impact on their students’ accomplishments as scholars and in the quality of professional appointments in their field
Nominations are reviewed by a committee comprised of graduate faculty. While time is required to process award decisions, we aim to notify all nominees and nominators via email by mid-January.