Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Service
November 14 - December 9, 2022 at 11:59PM
Each nominee must be a current graduate student and meet the following eligibility criteria during the semester in which they are nominated:
- in good academic standing, as determined by the Graduate Studies Policy on Good Academic Standing
- enrolled full-time, as determined by the Graduate Studies Policy on Full-Time Enrollment for Graduate Students
Awardees receive a monetary prize of $500 and are highlighted in Graduate Studies social media.
Nomination/Application Process & Documents
Eligible students can be nominated by any KU graduate student, faculty, or graduate staff member. There are no restrictions on the number of nominees per department.
The following components are required for a nomination:
- Nomination letter explaining how the nominated student has demonstrated a commitment to serve the campus community while maintaining a high level of academic achievement (two page limit)
- Statement provided by the nominee of the activities, interests, and goals that directly demonstrate service to the University of Kansas (two page limit)
- Student’s current resume or curriculum vitae
All documents should be uploaded as PDFs.
While the time required to process award decisions will depend upon the number of applications received, we aim to notify all nominators and graduate students via email by mid-January.
Nominees will be evaluated on these criteria:
- Strength of the nomination letter
- Level of service to the University of Kansas
- Specific qualities that distinguish the nominee from other outstanding graduate students