Outstanding Graduate Support Staff Award
November 14 - December 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST
- Nominees must have served as a graduate support staff for a minimum of two years by the award deadline.
- Past awardees are not eligible.
Awardees are presented with a cash prize and highlighted in Graduate Studies social media.
Nomination Process & Documents
Each department/program may nominate up to two (2) eligible graduate staff via the nomination form below. Please prepare the following documents as PDFs for the nomination:
The letter of nomination should address the nominee’s significant impact on the graduate department/program and/or graduate students.
A description of the nominee’s significant impact on the graduate student experience and day to day operations within their graduate program(s). Please consolidate all faculty letters of support into one PDF.
A description of the nominee’s significant impact on the graduate student experience and day to day operations within their graduate program(s). Please consolidate all student letters of support into one PDF.
Staff members provide invaluable service to the University and its community of students, faculty, and staff. The Outstanding Graduate Support Staff Award recognizes the incredible contributions to graduate education made by these individuals. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Strength of the statement of support provided by the department/program, school or college
- Efficiency and effectiveness in administrative aspects of the graduate program—fiscal, programmatic, and personal—from the time students are recruited to the time they graduate
- Proactivity in exploring alternatives to current practices
- Responsiveness to faculty and student needs
- Attention to accuracy and effective communication
- Engagement in professional development opportunities, such as learning new technology or new systems that enhance recruitment, admission, retention, progress toward degree, mentoring, and annual reviews of students, etc.
- Ability to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for students in their graduate studies.